Monday, October 29, 2007

Who Doesn't Love Pumpkins?


I went to a pumpkin carving party on Saturday night and a whole new world was opened to me.

First of all, I learned that a fifth of gin is actually a whole bottle and not a shot like I previously thought.

(Normally, I hate gin because it tastes like pine needles, but frozen and mixed with 7-up, cranberry juice and something else I forget, it's A-OK.)

My second lesson was that you can carve more than just faces into pumpkins! I spent my entire life drawing triangles on pumpkins and carving them out, when I could have been carving the Mona Lisa. Really a whole museum should be created for pumpkin art. Or cantaloupe art. Or green pepper art. Whatever your poison is!

Above is a shot of ALL of our creations. To the left is my personal one. It rocks, doesn't it?

In non-pumpkin related learnings, I discovered that if your last meal was tortilla chips, cookies & alcohol and you skip breakfast, running SUCKS!





No comments: