Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The Kittens Need Some Manners

When should I call them cats? They're about 7 months old now.


Anyway, their nighttime manners leave a little to be desired. Or I should say, Daphne's manners leave a little to be desired. Zoe's fine...she just wants to be near me so she's either right by my torso or right next to my feet. I barely notice her.

Daphne (the grey tiger striped one) is a pain in the arse. She wants me to be on my side so she can sleep with her head on my shoulder. Ugh! In fact, she'll sit and stare at me until I move. Last night, she even meowed to get my attention. On top of that, she wants me to constantly pet her and nudges my hand when I stop. There's still more: as I'm petting her she kneads my arms and nurses herself. Yes, I know it's weird, but I still think it's the equivalent of thumb-sucking in children.



I really feel bad for Zoe. They used to nurse each other, which was disturbing but seemed like quality sister cat bonding time. Last night, Zoe looked at Daphne nursing herself and then went back to my feet in a huff. (I may be imagining the huff.)

No comments: