Sunday, March 02, 2008

My New Obsession: How Do I Look?

I'm hooked on the TV show How Do I Look on the Style Network. It's where three people pick three outfits for a style-challenged person - two of the outfit-pickers are friends, one is a professional stylist.

As someone who gets criticized for not looking polished enough at the office, I can appreciate this show. (I was told in my review that I'm not a kid anymore. Personally, I don't see what's wrong with sweaters and slacks, but maybe that's why I'm under such scrutiny.)

One of the episodes I watched featured someone who needed a new wardrobe after beating cancer and one needed to get rid of her hoochie-mama clothes after beating a drug addiction.

The episode I watched today annoyed me. It was a girl who liked vintage clothes. She was adorable with a quirky, fun sense of style. It was a little crazy, but it totally fit her personality. She was with this doofus boyfriend who basically told her he wouldn't go outwith her anymore if she didn't dress sexier. And by sexy, he meant more revealing.

I would be seriously pissed if I had been dating someone for a year and was living with him and he told me if I didn't start wearing slutty clothes, he wasn't going to be with me anymore. You know what you're getting when you start a relationship. I can understand maybe wearing a couple of not-quite-me outfits for special occasions, but these were everyday clothes.

I hoped she dumped his arse, because I wouldn't have put up with that. Although maybe that's my problem...I'm too stubborn for my own good.

No comments: