Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Yes, I'm a Political Uber-Geek

I'm not sure how many of you caught Barack Obama's speech on race this morning. I was amazed by his candor and eloquence and was once again reminded why I want this man to be president. We need a leader who can be honest and open about tackling the most difficult issues we face as a country. We tiptoe around race, just as we tiptoe around religion and working class, but until we're willing to take a good look at things, they aren't going to get better.

When I listen to Barack Obama's speech, I feel hopeful again. I want to live in his America, where I can feel proud of my President, where I feel like my country is a world leader, not a laughingstock, and where I feel like part of a larger community committed to doing the right thing.

I don't want to live in McCain's 100-year-war in Iraq. I don't want to be part of Hillary Clinton's self-serving America, where she tears other people down to build herself up. I want to be part of something better.

Take a few minutes to listen to the speech, if you haven't already done so. It's a straightforward delivery for a tough topic, but the words are magical.

No comments: