Saturday, March 22, 2008

Saturday Morning Cartoons Part 3

Here's Part 3 in my retrospective of Saturday morning cartoons. I was OBSESSED with The Littles when I was a kid. I loved how they used everyday objects as furniture - a thimble was a chair, a toothpick was a walking stick, a button was a dinner plate. I may be mis-remembering the specifics, but you get the idea.

I'd scour the great outdoors and my house for objects 'The Littles' might want to use. (No, I didn't think there actually were Littles - I just liked to come up with my own stuff.) Then I'd spend hours coming up with elaborate stories about what The Littles would do with these objects.

This might be why none of the kids wanted to play with me in elementary school - and why I decided I wanted to be a writer when I grew up. Although I haven't really done anything with that yet, except write boring articles about ATMs. Maybe someday...


No comments: