Thursday, June 26, 2008

I Vant to Be Left Alone

In general, I don't bother my boorish drunken college-aged neighbors. I come in and out of my apartment peacefully. I don't have wild parties. I don't call the cops on them even when they party in the breezeway at 3 a.m. on Wednesday nights. I don't complain about the hundreds of cigarette butts that now litter the breezeway and sidewalk. I even say 'Hello' when they're in pairs or flying solo. I admit, if 12 of them are hanging over the balcony like gargoyles, I don't bother speaking.

They do not give me the same respect.

In addition to stealing my dirt and swapping my doormat with an ugly one, they left a mattress tag on my doormat. I realize in the grand scheme of things, these are not horrid inconveniences, but simply minor pranks. However, I'm 31 years old. I don't want to have pranks played on me in my own home. I moved out of the dorm a long time ago.

If they don't stop, I'm going to have to shaving cream their doorknob.

No comments: