Sunday, June 29, 2008

Today's the Day I've Got to Shake It!

I'm a little nervous about my Comfest show later today. I'm a bit rusty - I've only been able to attend one of my regular classes in the past month. Plus, we've had a whopping two rehearsals for this show - and never with every single person there. Eek!

Although, I have to say - my back bends have never looked better. Yoga has made me a little more flexible - I can almost touch my heels, instead of just my mid-calves! Last night at the party, Kelly announced that she could finally touch her toes and everyone stared at her like she was an idiot. We had to do a public demonstration of our extremely tight hamstrings. Thanks to the Sneaky Petes, I didn't mind!

I'm also the teeniest bit afraid that one of the guys I'm going out with will figure out where my performance is and show up. (I know dating multiple people at a time makes me seem like a hoochie mama - but I've only gone out with these guys a couple of times. I don't want to focus on just one person until I'm 100% sure it's the right thing to do.) Anyway, these guys are (naturally) very interested in seeing my show so I've had to lie about where my performance is. Although, if they put a little effort into it, I'm sure they could figure it out.

I will never EVER invite another guy I'm dating to see me perform - even if we're engaged. In fact, even if we're married. I think it's a jinx. I've invited a few guys to previous shows and we've always broken up a week or so before the show happens. The one guy who actually came to one ran away after 5 minutes of the show and I basically never heard from him again. I'm telling you - it's bad luck, kind of like that tiki statue on the Brady Bunch goes to Hawaii episode.

Wish me luck and loose hips for lots of shimmying!

No comments: