Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Be Kind to Phone Surveyers - It Might Be Me!

Last night, I headed up to the local Barack Obama office to make some phone calls. I probably shouldn't complain, because the majority of people were super nice to me.

I'm just amazed at the handful of people who weren't so nice. One person even hung up on me! I've never hung up on anyone in my entire life. Even if I don't want to talk to them, I just say "Thank you, but I'm not interested."

I appreciate that we're calling you at home and asking you personal questions, but there's no need for rudeness.

I'm volunteering my own personal time because I care a great deal about this country and where we're headed. I'm just asking you who you think you'll be supporting. You're not signing in blood. It doesn't count as your vote. It just gives us an idea of where to concentrate our volunteer efforts.

Plus, I never understand why people don't want to participate in phone surveys. I love doing phone surveys - I wish more people would call me and ask me what I think. AT&T just had some dude call to see if I thought better of them because they were an Olympic sponsor. I said no, I still pretty much thought they sucked but not as badly as Sprint. (tee hee).

No comments: