Sunday, September 07, 2008

KFC Cravings Be Gone!

I always see commercials for those disgusting (fabulous?) KFC bowls. I'm petrified to try one because it probably contain a week's worth of calories and I'm also afraid I'd fall in love with it.

I happened to have a butternut squash on hand so decided to try this mock version. It took about 10 minutes to make and was absolutely delicious. Plus, it filled me up - I didn't even want dessert!

HG's KFC-Ya Later Bowl! (about 5 pts.)

1 cup cubed butternut squash
1 oz. skim milk
2 tbsp. canned corn niblets; heated
1/2 oz. fat-free cheese, cheddar or American; shredded
2 oz. Heinz Fat Free Classic Chicken Gravy; heated
1 Morningstar Farms Chik Patty, Original salt and pepper; to taste

In a covered dish, microwave butternut squash pieces for 4 - 6 minutes (until tender) in a very small amount of water. Drain very well and then mash squash with the skim milk and a little salt. Place mashed squash in a medium-sized bowl. Next, sprinkle corn niblets over your squash. Prepare "chicken" patty according to package and cut into small pieces. Place patty pieces on top of your corn-topped squash. Drizzle with gravy. Top with shredded cheese and enjoy!

No comments: