Friday, November 21, 2008

Rome Wasn't Built in a Day

I started the day on track. I even brought my tennis shoes to work so I could go for a brisk walk at lunch. I fell off the wagon a little in the late afternoon - had one snack too many when my co-workers annoyed me, but it wasn't an unhealthy snack.

After work, I headed to the Outback Steakhouse for dinner and drinks with two of my girlfriends. We were also going to see Ghost Town at the $1.50 movie (totally cute - you should check it out!) My plan was to sip a martini and have seared tuna with steamed vegetables. No part of a bloomin' onion would touch my mouth.

I left work at 5:50. It took me an hour to get from Polaris Parkway to 270 using 23. Normally, it takes 15 minutes. People in Ohio do not know how to drive in the snow. Any sort of precipitation freaks them out. My friends got to dinner 40 minutes before I did because they picked better routes.

At Least I Have My Dignity

I just refuse to be the jackass who drives around everyone and cuts in at the last moment. Jen kept texting me to be a dick and go around everyone. I texted back (I was sitting in my car so it was OK) that dickheads like that are what cause traffic jams to begin with. She texted me "At least you have your dignity. Mmmm, this martini is good." I spent the hour cursing and pounding my steering wheel. I was so hungry, I ripped the wrapper off the tootsie pop I bought with me for the movie (so I wouldn't want popcorn and candy) and devoured it.

I got to dinner at 7:15. Our movie started at 7:25. I took three gulps of my martini to calm my road rage. My friends had ordered appetizers - including my seared tuna - so I just took bites of whatever was on the table. This is why I need to make sure I eat at regular intervals because when I'm hungry, all bets are off!

Thursday, November 20

B: 52 grams of Kashi Go Lean with 1 C skim milk (dairy); 1 small banana (fruit) (5 points)

S1: 1 container light yogurt - vanilla (dairy) (2 points)

L: 1 cup Wagon Wheel Soup (vegetable), 1 cup lettuce with 1 small apple (vegetable and fruit) and 1 T blue cheese; 1 vitamin; Weight Watchers snack (8 points)

S2: Carrots (vegetable) with 1 tsp light ranch dip (0 points)

S3: Chocolate covered soynuts (South Beach Diet snack) (2 points)

S4: Tootsie Pop (1 point)

D: Blueberry Martini, parts of a bloomin' onion, small piece of bread, 2 pieces of quesadilla and about an oz of seared ahi tuna (too many points to count)

Exercise: 30 minutes of brisk walking (earned 2 points)

Total: Well over the 24 points I'm supposed to have

No comments: