Friday, February 20, 2009

It's All About Alfie

I'm obsessed.  My friend John sent me a story from the London Sun about a 13-year-old boy named Alfie who knocked up his 15-year-old girlfriend.  

Click here to read the story.

The kid isn't even 5 feet tall and has no idea about money or how to be a father.  He was 12 when he and his cougar girlfriend started having sex.  12!  When I was 12, I giggled about kissing boys and holding their hands and slow dancing with them at school dances.  I'm not sure I even understood exactly what sex was.  My response probably would've been "You want to put what where?"

The saddest thing he said was “I didn’t think about how we would afford it. I don’t really get pocket money. My dad sometimes gives me £10.”

I'm having trouble with this story and the octumom.  I'm a 100% believer in reproductive freedom.  It's my body, my uterus, not your business.  However, these situations are so jarring and irresponsible.  It bothers me.  How the heck is a child of a 13-year-old and a 15-year-old going to have a future?  

The Saga Continues

To make matters worse, six other boys have come forward saying they are the baby daddies.  Yes, you read that right... SIX boys are fighting over responsibility of an infant.  If only Maury Povich this easy of a time finding fathers.

Click here to read the article - and see pictures of the other potential pops.  At the time the article was printed, only two fellows had come forward saying they were the dads. Since then, more have.  

The officials are now running a DNA test.  Sadly, Alfie was unsure what a DNA test was - his mom had to tell him.  And he said “I am the only boyfriend Chantelle’s had — and we’ve been together for two years.

That means they've been dating since he was 11?  Good lord.  I moved to West Virginia from Maine when I was 11.  We didn't have boyfriends in Maine.  We were too busy running around in our L.L. Bean clothes, swilling clam chowder and yammering on about whales.  When I moved to West Virginia, everyone had boyfriends.  I had to say I had one in Maine so I wasn't a social leper.   

I'll keep you posted on Alfie's DNA results - I'm a bit fascinated with this tale.  All I can say is poor Simon.  I keep sending him updates and there's no way he finds this even the slightest bit interesting.  (But at least he pretends!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG I read this article on the internet too! I was horrified and frankly, who know that a "child" could actually - do the dirty deed end to end - he's not even fully grown in more ways than one!