Monday, February 16, 2009

My Fun Weekend

I love weekends.  They are my favorite days of the week, which is kind of sad.

On Friday night, we had a sci-fi television extravaganza.  First, Joss Whedon's Dollhouse premiered and then Battlestar Galactica was on.  I liked Dollhouse OK - I'll probably watch it a few more times especially since I heard FOX sanitized the first three episodes
.  I've always loved Joss Whedon's stuff, so I'm sure this will be no exception once it gets going.  If only Joss Whedon and JJ Abrams would team up!

Saturday night was Valentine's Day and it was really fun!  Simon and I gussied ourselves up for a night on the town.  He planned the entire
 night and it was a surprise, which made it extra fun.  I love surprises!  

We went to Mezzo for dinner.  It was a cute Italian restaurant in Gahanna overlooking Big Walnut Creek.  It had ceilings that changed color and a cool outdoor fireplace.  We had wine, calamari, salmon and tiramisu.  The food was really good and the atmosphere was fantastic too.

Afterward, we went to the Franklin Park Conservatory.  They were hosting a wine/chocolate tasting event.  We got to wander around the indoor gardens, sipping wine and listening to live chamber music.  (Amazingly, Simon knows more about classical music than I do - and I was a music major - although a recovering one!)

The conservatory was really beautiful and the wine was yummy.  There was one volunteer at the Riesling table, however, who took the phrase "wine tasting" very seriously.  She only poured a mouthful of wine into our plastic cups.  Most of the other pourers were way more generous! 

No comments: