Thursday, June 04, 2009

Remake This, Suckers!

Creativity must be officially dead.  Instead of coming up with new movies to film, Hollywood is dead set on remaking terrible movies from the 80s and 90s.  Granted, I love most of these movies, but I'm widely known to have no taste whatsoever.

To make it even more dreadful, most of these seem to be recast with terrible Disney tween stars like Ashley Tisdale and Selena Gomez and Zac Efron.

Apparently, the movies from my childhood are so dated and old, only Chace Crawford can bring new life to them.  What does that say about me?  What does that say about my Mom? (tee hee!)

I'm just waiting for some perky teenybopper to come up to me and say 'Laura, you've had a good run.  But, you're just not fashionable anymore.  Your hair, your clothes, even your cats scream Child of the 80s and 90s.  Here's Demi Lovato.  She's taking your place."

If they even touch The Breakfast Club EEEK! THEY ALREADY ARE!

Fine, if they even touch Once Bitten (an 80s vampire movie starring Jim Carrey before he made it big), I'm so going to quit the movies.  I'll live out my life surrounded by Battlestar Galactica DVDs.  Oh no, that's a remake too!

Here's a list of movies set to be remade (or already finished)!
  • Heathers (sob)
  • Footloose
  • Valley Girl
  • Scream
  • Can't Buy Me Love (sob)
  • Girl's Just Want to Have Fun (sob)
  • Teen Witch (sob)
  • Drop Dead Fred (really?)
  • The Last Starfighter
  • Weird Science
  • The Karate Kid
  • Porky's
  • The Breakfast Club (sob)
  • Ghostbusters (although to be fair, I think this is another sequel)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am crying over this. How dare they remake Heathers or Weird Science or The Breakfast Club??? And Scream? Weren't we in college when that came out? Is it really time for a remake?