Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I Can't Resist

I know I previously banned Speidi from my blog, but that was before Heidi Montag Pratt "performed" at the Miss Universe pageant.

I'm not a fan of the "Miss" pageants. I'd like to watch a pageant that features women who actually do stuff instead of women who simply stand around in bikinis with bouffants. (Yes, I saw Miss Congeniality. No, it didn't change my mind on about pageants. But what a hilarious movie!) And don't even get me started on those freaky little girl pageants...ick! As much of a reality TV show whore as I am, Toddles & Tiaras is too much for me.

Anyway, no matter how I feel about pageants, I at least thought Miss Universe would pick decent entertainment. It is, after all, Miss Universe. (Although shouldn't it really be called Miss Earth or Miss Globe? We never see any otherworldly beings at these pageants.)

This year, the Miss Universe committee picked Heidi Montag Pratt because she apparently "sings." You have to watch the clip. It is the funniest thing I've ever seen in my life. To be honest, I think I could do her dance moves - and, as a retired belly dancer, I could probably better moves than this. I may not be a fabulous belly dancer, but I can wiggle my stomach in wacky ways. Now THAT'S entertainment. And Heidi's "singing"... obviously, she's been artificially enhanced both physically and vocally. There are moments when she actually forgets to lip sync. It's priceless. I guess she was concentrating too hard on her "moves."

See below for the clip. Oh - and if YouTube removes it, please search for it. It was so bad it was great!



No comments: