Sunday, November 01, 2009

I'm Back!

Who am I kidding? You probably didn't even notice I was gone! I just spent a week-and-a-half in sunny Los Angeles for work. And before you can ask...NO... I did NOT see a single celebrity. Not even a Kardashian (and there are a TON of Kardashians)! Not that I'm bitter. (OK, who am I kidding? I'm bitter! I'm VERY bitter!)

Here is a list of celebrities my co-workers saw:

  • William Fichter (the blind guy from the movie Contact)
  • Charlize Theron
  • Hilary Swank
  • Jennifer Aniston
  • Robert De Niro
  • Julianne Moore
  • Michael Bolton
  • Sherri Shepherd (from The View)
  • Demi Moore
  • Prince Albert
  • the cast of American Pie
  • the Watson Twins (musicians ...I have one of their CDs)
Here is a list of celebrities I saw:

(crickets)

Very disappointing!

It was pretty much all work, all the time. We did briefly escape one night. We went to Santa Monica Pier and ate dinner at Bubba Gump's. I also got to touch the Pacific Ocean so now I've touched it from both sides - the Japan side and the California side!

Other than that, I pretty much worked the entire time. I saw my hotel room and the building I worked in. From my window, I could see MGM Studios (and the parking garage where Tom Cruise occasionally parks), the roof of Aaron Spelling's mansion and the Hollywood sign. I jogged by the Fox studios a couple of times. I did get to eat Paris Hilton's favorite - Pinkberry frozen yogurt- and I had an In-and-Out Double Double burger. Both were very enjoyable.

And now I'm free - after a year of insanity, my work will slowly go back to normal and I can have a social life again. Woo hoo!

No comments: