Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Bird -1, Me - 0

On Sunday, I went to Kroger. This really isn't news - I go to Kroger at least once a week -- twice if I forget something!

What IS news is that I got accosted by a stranger's middle finger. Yes, a woman passenger in a family SUV complete with children in the back flipped me "the bird."

What is even BIGGER news is I didn't even do anything to deserve having the woman's manicured middle finger flung in my face.

Here's the situation (My parents went away on a week's vacation. They left the keys to their brand-new Porsche...yes, I'm dating myself. Does anyone else break out into The Fresh Prince when they hear the words "Here's the situation?")

I wanted to park my car in a specific parking lot aisle. However, an SUV was barreling down the aisle so I stopped in a parking space at the back of the parking lot and waited for them to pass.

When the car got in front of me, the woman in the passenger seat flipped me off. WTF? Who does that? I've done stuff that is flip-off worthy and I'd certainly cop to it if that were the case. Honestly, I was just sitting there.

I think we as a society are a wee bit too middle finger happy these days!

No comments: