Thursday, April 22, 2010

Red Eye at Night

Sailor's delight? It certainly isn't MY delight.

I'm having contact lens problems. A few weeks ago, I noticed my left eye getting red. I figured I had scratched it or something and took out my lenses for a week. After my eye appeared to be healed, I put a new pair of contact lenses in. By the end of the day, zombie eyeball was back.

I called my eye doctor. He examined my eye and said I had "Contact Lens Irritation" but no infection. (I would say 'No Shit, Sherlock' here, but knowing I didn't have an infection is pretty Sherlocky.) I had to wear glasses for a week and put drops in my eyes four times a day.

He gave me a new brand of contacts to try. I wore them yesterday. When I went to bed last night, my eye was completely red.

So today I'm using the drops again and wearing my glasses. Unfortunately, my cats have chewed up the ends of my glasses and I haven't replaced them because I hardly ever wear them. I look uber professional!

Transported Back in Time

I've been wearing contact lenses since I was 16 years old with no problems whatsoever. What if this inability to wear contact lenses is permanent?

I HATE my glasses. Whenever I put them on, I am automatically transformed back to the fat, frumpy, zitty, awkward teenager I was when I last wore them. It doesn't matter that I'm not frumpy or zitty or awkward anymore. I still feel that way. It

I also hate only seeing what's directly in front of me. My side vision is all blurry in glasses and it freaks me out.

Curses! I guess I'll call my eye doctor again.




No comments: