Wednesday, May 05, 2010

I Did It Again

Yep, I got up at 5:15 a.m. to go running. It was not as enjoyable this time. I forgot to put my hair in a ponytail and my shins hurt. Thinking up snappy comebacks is one thing, thinking about how sweaty your head is and how much your legs hurt is a different animal altogether.

To top things off, contact lens trial #2 was yesterday. I was fine all day. My left eye started hurting on the way home yesterday and my eye is once again red.

We have to find a way to fix this. I refuse to be blind or in glasses or look like a zombie on our wedding day. I mean come on...my body decides to reject my contacts 6 months before our wedding? Ugh.

Insurance Woes

To make matters worse, my eye doctor billed my medical insurance when I went in for my eye exam. Apparently my eye insurance only covers vision exams and new glasses/contacts. I need a referral to use my medical insurance. That means I have to pay $84 out of my own pocket. I had no idea they were billing my medical insurance.

Does that even make sense? My contact lens is bothering my eye, so I have to ask my primary care doctor to refer me to the eye doctor who prescribed my contact lenses so I can have them fixed. And this is why health care reform is needed, people. Stop complaining and accept that it will make our lives much easier!

Positive Note

I went to Subway the other day and was standing behind a man in line. His wife came up behind me to tell him something. All of a sudden she grabbed my hand. I was a little startled, but assumed she needed to get by me. She said "Your ring is so beautiful! Did you design it yourself?" Stunned, I shook my head. She said "A group effort?" I remembered my words this time and said, "Oh no, my fiancé picked it out!" It was nice to hear!

Of course, in the television show Fringe, she would have used that time to pass on some disease that made me break out into boils and explode.

Speaking of J.J. Abrams, did anyone watch Lost last night? I'll admit it...I sobbed. Poor Simon...

No comments: