Thursday, May 06, 2010

I Have a Crush on Costco

Now that I'm living in sin and cooking for two, I decided it makes sense to buy some things in bulk. I got a Costco membership and went for the first time over the weekend with my friend Vicki.

I think I have a bit of a crush on Costco. So many things to buy for so little money!

Here are some of the exciting things I bought:
  • A bottle of 300 allergy pills for $12
  • 5 1-lb tubes of lean ground beef for $18 -- those are usually $5 either at Kroger!
  • 4-pack of Laughing Cow cheese
  • 24-pack of Budweiser Select
  • 2-pack of Mary's Gone Crackers
  • 2-pack of Kashi Go Lean
  • giant container of blackberries
  • giant container of apples
  • giant bottle of minced garlic
  • 20-pack box of gum
Sadly, I spent a lot of money at Costco. But, I'm justifying it because these are items I buy frequently, so even though I'm paying more up front, I'm saving money in the long run.

There are some hilarious things at Costco though. There was a giant can of tuna that was so big, I actually think a whole tuna could fit inside. There was also a vat of olives and a 5-lb bag of rice. Some scary stuff!

No comments: