Thursday, December 30, 2010

Road Rage

The good part about being one of three people working in downtown Columbus the week between Christmas and New Year's means that traffic is much more manageable. However, you still run into the occasional jackass.

Yesterday, I was headed downtown at a 75 mph trot in the left-hand lane. There was room in front of me, but the middle lane was a sluggish.

A few minutes later, an SUV pulled behind me. It had Arkansas plates and two giant suitcase/duffle bags strapped to the roof. Apparently, he was in a hurry getting home from vacation and I wasn't driving fast enough, so the driver flipped on his brights.

Oh no he didn't! That's the last thing in the world that's going to get me to go into the other lane -- especially when there's no place to go!

If you're in a hurry, maybe you shouldn't time your drive to coincide with rush hour in a large metropolitan area.

Luckily for the driver, I was running late for work. Otherwise, I would have slowed down to match the middle lane speed, trapping the jackass driver behind me.

He managed to get around me a few minutes later. I caught up with him a few feet down the road n a congested area. His jackass behavior saved him a whopping one minute on the road!

No comments: