Monday, April 04, 2011

Cooking Hits & Misses - March!

Well, my effort to cook more and eat out less is going along swimmingly! Here's what came out of my oven in March. I would say my favorite dish of the month was the Stir-Fried Beef over Lettuce.

When possible, I linked to the recipe somewhere else on the web so you can try for yourselves if you're so inclined.

Phenomenal
Great
  • Yogurt Marinated Chicken (Food.com) -- This was the most tender grilled chicken I've ever eaten. Delicious!
  • Chicken Barbecue Pizza (Cook This Not That) -- The first time I made pizza dough from scratch - go me!
  • Merlot Pot Roast and Horseradish Mashed Potatoes (Sunset) -- I thought the potatoes were amazing - Simon liked the meat. A very boy-friendly recipe - AND it cooks in the slow cooker.
  • Homestyle White Bread (Bread Lover's Bread Machine Cookbook) - This is the first white bread I've made in my bread machine. It was quite tasty!
  • G.I Joes (Cooking Light) - As someone who LOVES Manwich, it's hard for me to find good sloppy joe recipes. This was a vegetarian version and it was absolutely delicious. It tasted fresh and tomato-y. I did not use the sun-dried tomatoes because I think sun-dried tomatoes are gross.
  • Zonya's Miracle Soup(some random message board) - great for lunch and full of veggies
Good
Eh
  • BBQ Chicken Patties (some random message board)
  • Chocolate Pudding (Cook This Not That) - This did not set for me for some reason. I mixed it with cool whip to make mousse, but it still wasn't that great.
  • Spinach with Garlic and Pine Nuts (South Beach) - Gave me pine mouth :(
  • Dilled Summer Squash (Light and Tasty)

No comments: