Well, my effort to cook more and eat out less is going along swimmingly! Here's what came out of my oven in March. I would say my favorite dish of the month was the Stir-Fried Beef over Lettuce.
When possible, I linked to the recipe somewhere else on the web so you can try for yourselves if you're so inclined.
- Stir-Fried Beef Over Lettuce (Light and Tasty) -- great flavor and super easy to fix
- Mediterranean Vegetable, White Bean & Feta Penne (Clean Eating) -- I subbed goat cheese for the feta and green beans for the green pepper
- Pork Chops with Sauteed Apples (Cooking Light) -- Technically, the recipe is supposed to be lamb chops, but I don't eat lamb chops, so pork chops it is.
- White Bean & Green Chile Soup (some random message board) -- This is technically supposed to be made in a crockpot, but I just made it on the stove. The hubby liked it a lot.
- Yogurt Marinated Chicken (Food.com) -- This was the most tender grilled chicken I've ever eaten. Delicious!
- Chicken Barbecue Pizza (Cook This Not That) -- The first time I made pizza dough from scratch - go me!
- Merlot Pot Roast and Horseradish Mashed Potatoes (Sunset) -- I thought the potatoes were amazing - Simon liked the meat. A very boy-friendly recipe - AND it cooks in the slow cooker.
- Homestyle White Bread (Bread Lover's Bread Machine Cookbook) - This is the first white bread I've made in my bread machine. It was quite tasty!
- G.I Joes (Cooking Light) - As someone who LOVES Manwich, it's hard for me to find good sloppy joe recipes. This was a vegetarian version and it was absolutely delicious. It tasted fresh and tomato-y. I did not use the sun-dried tomatoes because I think sun-dried tomatoes are gross.
- Zonya's Miracle Soup(some random message board) - great for lunch and full of veggies
- Slow Cooker Sausage and Sauerkraut Dinner (some random message board) - one of my favorite comfort food combos
- Baked Zucchini Parmesan (Skinny Taste blog)
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies (some random message board) -- can't beat this one for simplicity!
- Turkey BLT Salad (Cook This, Not That)
- Bloody Mary Skirt Steak (Cook This, Not That)
- Jill's Mom's Meatloaf (some random message board)
- Chicken with Mushrooms (some random message board) --tasted just like Chinese takeout - I just wish it had been spicier!
- Oven Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Carrots (some random message board) -- I forgot how much I loved roasted veggies - the carrots were amazing!
- BBQ Chicken Patties (some random message board)
- Chocolate Pudding (Cook This Not That) - This did not set for me for some reason. I mixed it with cool whip to make mousse, but it still wasn't that great.
- Spinach with Garlic and Pine Nuts (South Beach) - Gave me pine mouth :(
- Dilled Summer Squash (Light and Tasty)