Sunday, August 28, 2011

Blah Blah Blah Blah

Sorry long time no write. I've been totally bummed out about turning 35 later this week and haven't felt much like talking/writing/etc/. It just sounds so old and I'm not particularly fond of that.

For starters, I remember thinking my parents were old when they were 35 and now, I'm going to be that age. Plus, when I see people on TV who look old, I always find that they're not that much older than me (Chelsea Handler, Leslie Mann in Knocked Up, Alex from Real Housewives of New York). That's depressing because it means I probably look just as old and am clinging to delusions of hotness.

In addition to all of that, it means that when I eventually get knocked up, it's going to be a geriatric pregnancy. Geriatric isn't a pleasant word.

My husband and I went out to California to visit his family a couple of weeks ago. We had a great time and my nephews are adorable. However, I've never been around that many people concerned about the state of my uterus, which makes me equally concerned about the state of my uterus. And it's oldness.

I was watching Russian Dolls the other day and all of these 23 year olds were talking about freezing their eggs so they could have children and talking about how they had to get pregnant by 25 so they could be young, hot moms. I guess I don't have to be worried about that. Although was when in my late 20s, I was able to have lots of fun, which I wouldn't have been able to do with a child.

Blech. Oh well, I remember being horrified about turning 30 - it meant no men would ever talk to me and I was going to be a spinster for the rest of my life. That proved to be wrong...maybe 35 won't be so bad.

All in all, I still feel bummed. :(

No comments: