Saturday, September 24, 2011

Creepy McCreeperson

Simon and I went to dinner at Waffle House Friday night. (Don't judge - you know you've eaten there!) Obviously, my no eating out rule has been broken. I couldn't even make it one week.

As we ate our delicious waffles, an elderly gentleman and his wife came in and sat in a nearby booth near a couple of grandparents and their two young grandchildren.

Of course, I eavesdropped on their conversation, as I do anywhere I go. I would make a good detective. The elderly gentleman was fascinated with the two kids. He wanted to know their names and kept loudly suggesting movies they might like.

At one point, he says to the little boy: "Dylan, your hair reminds me of the sunset." (The little boy had strawberry blonde hair.)

He then asked the waitress if the Waffle House had a copier. She looked startled and said "I don't think so." He said, "Darn it - I need to make a copy of these two kids and take them home with me."

I realize that he is probably not the slightest bit pervy - he's probably just an old man with children/grandchildren that live far away. Still, I would have gathered up the kids and run to my car as fast as I could!

No comments: