The hit of the month for me was the KFC-Ya Later Bowl. This is a repeater - I made it many moons ago before I met Simon. I had fond memories of this dish and a butternut squash on hand. Simon liked it too and he was shocked when I told him it was vegetarian.
Phenomenal (would make again)
- KFC-Ya Later Bowl (Hungry Girl) -- I don't make tons of Hungry Girl recipes - I think she uses too many artificial sweeteners/fake foods. I refuse to use fat-free cheese so I opted for low-fat instead.
- Slow Cooker Barbecue Chicken -- You can't get easier than this - a pound of chicken and a bottle of your favorite barbecue sauce. (We love Devil's Spit.) Let it cook in your slow cooker all day long. It's fab!
- Corn and Black Bean Tacos -- I just cooked up some corn, black beans, salsa, lime juice and cilantro. Served with taco fixings.
Great (probably would make again)
- Bolognese Sauce (Cooking Light) -- I served this with spaghetti squash
- Everyday Chickpea-Quinoa Salad (Appetite for Reduction) Great healthy lunch!
- Bacon-Wrapped Apple BBQ Chicken (Crock Pot Girls) -- Another super easy one. The bacon isn't crisp, but it cooks thoroughly and gives the sauce great flavor.
- Crockpot Cajun Pulled Pork (Crockpot 365 blog) -- This was really yummy! We made it into sandwiches, lettuce wraps, burrito bowls. Although it is described as being spicy, it's not spicy at all!
- Crockpot Applesauce Chicken (Crockpot365 blog) -- kind of bland
- African Sweet Potato Stew with Red Beans (Cooking Light) -- Not as good as the reviews said
Blech (would never ever make again)
- Salsa - I made some kind of homemade salsa with tomato, onions and jalapenos. It was awful! Someday I will learn to make salsa, this wasn't my year!
- Raspberry and Brie Flatbread (Clean Eating) Simon was appalled when I served this for dinner. I can't say I blame him!