Sunday, September 18, 2011

Get Me Away from These Crazy People

I lost my weight record (which I find to be slightly horrifying) so I was forced to go back to the annoying lady Weight Watchers meeting.

Luckily, no one talked about how comforting they find it to walk up and down the grocery store aisles.  The 'message' for the week was to focus on staying on plan for four days this week - Tuesday through Friday.  The reasoning is that it's hard to be on plan seven days a week - try getting four really good days in instead.  I think that's worth a try.  I'll keep you posted.

The good news is I lost a teensy bit of weight. The bad news is I went out with some friends last night to watch the OSU game and powered down quite a few kettle potato chips topped with alfredo sauce and blue cheese.  Not exactly heart healthy.

I still find the Weight Watchers instructor extremely annoying - her shrill, nasally voice makes me want to punch her in the head.(Lately, I've found myself wanting to punch a lot of people in the head).

However, she did share one helpful tip that I'm going to try...starting NOW!  One lady had been struggling with a plateau.  The instructor recommended  that she stop eating out for three weeks.  No fast food, no cafeteria food, no restaurant food.  I'm going to give it a whirl. When I was in California, all restaurants post calorie info on their menus.  We went to a Mexican restaurant and even the fish was 900 calories - yikes!

I eat out a little too much so this exercise will be good for my budget AND my diet.

No comments: