Monday, September 19, 2011

More TV Previews

I've checked out a few new TV options that premiered last week. Here are my thoughts:

  • Secret Circle - I stupidly read the book before watching this. I should have learned my lesson with the I Am Number Four fiasco.  I was all caught up in the differences - "What? Her hair isn't supposed to be blonde!"  "Her mom wasn't burned in a fire!" "That's not how she met the hottie!"  It wasn't horrible, but I didn't love it enough to keep it on my DVR.  I thought it was going to be another Charmed, but it was pretty bland.  Verdict:  One Night Stand
  • Up All Night - I thought this comedy was pretty cute - and it's one of those that I think will get better over time. Plus,  I love Christina Applegate, Will Arnett, and Maya Rudolph.  I thought Maya's Oprah'esque character was a little weird, but maybe she'll grow on me.  The concept is fun though - a married party-loving couple who end up having a baby.  Verdict: Keeper
  • Free Agents -- I actually might have liked this one too.  It's about a couple who work together in a PR firm - he's getting over a divorce, she's getting over a dead fiance - and they end up bonking.  It was kind of funny and it gets bonus points for being set in a PR firm (those are my people).  I'm just not sure that I want to commit to a long-term relationship.  Verdict: Second Date Worthy
  • H8R -- I only recorded this because I said I'd watch every new show this season.  Plus I have a soft spot for Mario Lopez after stalking him at The Grove on my LA trip.  (He's short!)  In this show, "celebrities" like Snooki confront people who hate them.  I'm sorry - but if the best you can do in the celebrity world is Snooki and Jake the bachelor, that's pretty pathetic.  Verdict:  Crawled Out the Bathroom Window After the Appetizers

No comments: