Wednesday, September 14, 2011

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Although I'm mourning the loss of summer, the arrival of my favorite fall things slightly makes up for it: Pumpkin Spice Lattes at Starbucks, dips for football games, and the arrival of fall television premieres.

Since I'm not working on President Obama's campaign and I'm not getting married this fall, I have plenty of time to watch the new fall shows. I'll happily pass that knowledge on to you.

Let's kick it off with Ringer.

Show # 1 - Ringer

I love Buffy. In fact, I could easily spend the rest of my life watching re-runs of Buffy, Angel and Charmed and be perfectly content. Luckily, I don't have to because I have Ringer.

Ringer is Sarah Michelle Gellar's return to network TV. She plays a dual role as estranged twin sisters - drug addict, ex-stripper Bridget and icy, secret keeper Siobhan. After a very complicated string of events that I won't go into here, Bridget ends up taking over Siobhan's life. Since Siobhan's husband didn't even know about Bridget, it wasn't very hard.

This series is fabulous because it's Buffy times two. And it gets bonus points for twins. Who doesn't love twins? It's hard to keep them straight since they're being played by the same person. However, when Buffy's hair is messed up and crazy, she's Bridget. When it's sleek and in a bun, she's Siobhan.

My only beef was the scene when the two Buffys were on a boat together. The background looked worse than a green screen - very cheesy.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching this show -- it was dark and twisty and soapy and fun. Can't wait to see what happens next.

Verdict: Permanent place on my DVR!

No comments: