Sunday, December 11, 2011

My Fling with the 30 Day Shred

I've been really unhappy with my physique, as of late.  And even worse, I've been getting into the Negative Ned mindset of my 20s, thinking I'm not capable of losing weight and  that it was a fluke I ever lost weight. In addition, I haven't gotten knocked up as quickly as I (and my relatives) would like.  Since I'm slightly prone to being a hypochondriac, I've convinced myself that I have some horrible womanly disease where all my inner organs have turned to goo and I'm on my way to becoming morbidly obese.

Of course, this is all complete crap. I'm fat because I'm eating too much and not exercising enough.  Period. And I'm not getting knocked up quickly because I'm old, fat and stressed.  The doctor said it would probably take 6 months to a year. And it hasn't been.

I really need to do something 'cause I'm on a slippery slope and I've been to this rodeo before.  I've recently become obsessed with Pinterest.  I noticed a pin showing someone's AMAZING 30 Day Shred results.  (Click here to see.) 30 Day Shred is a Jillian Michaels video where you can supposedly lose up to 20 pounds in 30 days by doing the video every day and following a healthy diet.

Color me inspired!  I actually have the video, but never used it because at the time I was living on the top floor and I didn't want to bother the neighbors below with all my leaping around.

I no longer have below neighbors and I certainly have 20 minutes a day.  I'm going to give it a whirl!


30 Day Shred - Day 1


Today was my first day and I thought I was going to die.  I did Level One and it was super hard.  I had to take a few breaks to catch my breath, my back got all sweaty and there was one exercise I couldn't even do with the weights.

I just kept telling myself, "This is the hardest it's ever going to be" and "You can do anything for 30 seconds."  It seemed to help.

I want to continue my regular workouts as well, so I took a yoga fundamentals class.  I have to say, yoga is really growing on me.  I can see a real change in my yoga abilities.  Downward dogs no longer leave me feeling ready to die.  I can do full planks instead of the on-my-knees kind.  And, I am slightly more bendy than I used to be.

I'll keep you posted on my 30 Day Shred  results.  I didn't take any before pictures of myself in a sports bra - consider yourself lucky.  I'm also not going to report my starting weight. But I'll let you know how I do in inches and pounds lost.


No comments: