Friday, December 23, 2011

30 Day Shred: Day 10

I've magically stuck with the 30 Day Shred for 10 days.  OK, OK -  I missed two mornings, but I more than made them up and I've completed all 10 work-outs.

It's still really hard.  There are still moments when I have to pause and take a breath.  But, I'm doing it!

I've noticed a definite difference in my endurance.  I'm squatting a little deeper and jumping a little higher.  I think that might be why I'm still getting tired - I push myself a little more each time.

And actually, I'm noticing a huge change in my bendiness from the yoga classes I've been taking.  I'm getting closer and closer to getting my heels down on my downward dog.  I've graduated to full-fledged planks instead of the on-my-knees kind.  I can even touch the floor (with a slight knee bend) on  my forward fold.

I'm starting to remember the joy I used to feel in working out - the amazement that my body can actually do stuff.  I'm still not eating perfectly - especially with all the holiday celebrations - but I'm moving again and it feels pretty darn good.  I'd really like to start running again - I miss that me-against-the-pavement feeling.  Maybe when it starts to warm up.

Next up:  Level 2 of the 30 Day Shred.  I will do that for the next 10 days and keep y'all posted.

No comments: