Sunday, January 08, 2012

December Hits & Misses


Yep, it's time for me to recap all the exciting recipes I made last month.  There were lots of holiday parties, so I didn't have as many cooking opportunities as usual.  I think the Mexican Chicken Lime Soup was my favorite this month - and it was my hubby's favorite too!

Phenomenal (would make again)
  • Mexican Chicken Lime Soup (Every Day with Rachael Ray) -- This was easy to make and delicious too.  My husband said it was one of the best recipes I've ever made.
  • Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes (Rachael Ray) -- These are so delicious - sweet potato, pumpkin chorizo, orange juice - yum!
  • Hawaiian Sweet Roll Ham Sandwiches (Pinterest) -- In general, I am not a ham fan, but I really liked these sandwiches and my husband loved them.
Great (probably would make again)
  • Potatoes Savoyarde (About.com) -- Scalloped potatoes - yum!
  • Beef Bourguignon (Ina Garten) -- I thought this was so incredibly delicious - it uses an entire bottle of wine!  Simon HATED it.  It's also complicated to make -- took about three hours -- so it's only for special occasions.
  • Melted Snowman Cookies (Pinterest) -- Yeah, they weren't the prettiest but everyone enjoyed eating them.
OK (would need some tweaks)
Eh (wouldn't make again)

No comments: