Thursday, January 12, 2012

What I'm Reading This Week: Full House

I always swore I would never read any of Janet Evanovich's early works.  She already makes a gazillion dollars churning out formulaic books ... I don't need read the crappy stuff she started out writing.   However, after finishing One Day, I needed something light and fluffy.  One Day was heart-wrenching.  The ending left me sobbing, wondering if it's possible to short out a Kindle.  I was so pissed I almost threw it across the room.

So now I'm reading Janet Evanovich's Full House. It's a romantic-comic-suspense novel and I'm on page 228 of 345.  Basically, a divorced mom of two hooks up with a handsome rich dude.  There's also some deal where's she's hearing creepy sounds outside of her window and smelling random perfume in her house, but I haven't found out why yet.

The Verdict

And you know, it's not as bad as I thought it was going to be.  It's a nice, breezy book that requires no thinking whatsoever.   I don't need to read any more in the series, but I've read worse.

No comments: