Sunday, June 17, 2012

Sore booty

I'm really glad I bought the gym Groupon because I've been having a blast trying out all the new classes.  It's reminding me that deep down, I have the teensiest bit of an athletic side inside. Today, I took an AbsSpin class. 


I took a spinning class way back in 2010, but I haven't taken one since.  I wasn't opposed to it; I just never had time to get to Urban Active 30 minutes before the class started.  


I got through the class just fine - although the instructor was a bit of a kook.  She had spiky hair and was wearing skorts. (Not a good look for a cycling class.) She had about 0% body fat and rambled her way through class.  But, she seemed harmless enough.  


The class was 25 minutes of spinning and 15 minutes of AbsSpin.  As usual, I was the only one sweating.  But, that's OK!  I felt terrific afterward.  I suspect I will regret this class tomorrow - my poor booty is already hurting.  Now I know how Ana Steele from 50 Shades of Grey felt.

Today's food diary:



Breakfast
  • 1 banana (fruit)
  • 2 waffles (Bisquick box recipe)
  • 2 tsp honey
  • 1 T Brummel & Brown spread
  • 1 container blueberry Chobani (dairy)
Lunch 

  • Churro from Costco

Dinner

Dessert 

  • 3/4 C blueberries (fruit)
  • 1 graham cracker
  • 2 T cool whip
The Verdict: I think this was a pretty good day. Yes, I could have eaten more fruits and veggies, but 4 servings isn't terrible.  The spanakopasta was DELICIOUS and I made my own salad dressing.  I always forget how much better homemade salad dressing tastes.  I should make it more often.

No comments: