Monday, June 18, 2012

Taking Charge

Today got off to a bit of a rough start.  I wanted to get to work at 7 a.m. - and I did. Unfortunately, my computer did not come with me for the ride.  I left it at home.  So, I had to drive the 20 minutes home, pick up my computer, and drive 20 minutes back.

Luckily, my day got better.  I booked it out of the office at 5 p.m. on the dot so I could make it to my gym by 6 p.m. for a ramp class.  No clue what that is, but it sounds fun.

Unfortunately, the elements were against me, so I was 10 minutes late for the class.  The old me would have seen that as a sign from God and opted to go home and eat cheetos.  The new me saw it as an opportunity for a 30 minute elliptical workout while listening to the power workout Pandora station.  Yay!

The Glass House


I would just like to say that I am insanely excited  about the new show "The Glass House." It sounds like the most perfect summer show ever.
14 players begin their quest for a quarter of a million dollar prize as they live and compete in a totally wired, state-of-the-art house. Immediately, viewers have control over decisions affecting the game right from the start. 
All I can say is I am going to sit on my comfy couch and watch the heck out of this show.  I may never turn it off.




Breakfast
Snack
  • 1 serving lite Berry White Mocha from Caribou - I needed an extra caffeine boost
Lunch 
Snack
  • Kashi mocha almond barlight string cheese
Snack in car on way to workout
  • 1 string cheese (dairy)
  • 100 cal pack of cocoa roast almonds
Dinner

The Verdict:  I shouldn't have done the mocha - I should have had an americano instead.  I also went a little heavy with the snacks.  Still, I'm proud of the fruits and veggies I ate today.  And the sesame stir-fry beef  was DELICIOUS.  I'm going to keep it in mind as a super-quick option for busy nights.  I had the whole thing on the table in 15 minutes.  If I made the soy sauce mixture and chopped the veggies ahead of time, it would have been even quicker.  Plus, it's only 4 Weight Watchers points.  

No comments: