Saturday, June 16, 2012

TBC - 1, My Arse - 0

I bought a Groupon for a three-month unlimited gym membership at The Rite Bite and I'm really excited about it.  They offer many different classes that work with my schedule.  I prefer group fitness classes because they offer more variety and I find them motivating.

Previously, I worked out at Urban Active.  For many of the group fitness classes, you have to show up 30 minutes before the class begins so you can reserve a spot.  Who has time for that?  At this fitness center, I can reserve a space online. Plus, it's small so I feel like I'm getting more personalized service.

Today, I dragged my booty out of bed for my very first class - Total Body Conditioning.  I'll admit it. I thought I was going to rock this class - I've been doing boot camp and body pump for weeks.  I've never been more wrong.

One of the very first things we did was a series of walking lunges.  I hate walking lunges with a passion - even though they're fantastic for my rear view.  We were about 10 minutes into class and I was ready to lie down and take a nap.  The class alternates between step aerobics and free weights so you get a good cardio and strength workout.  There were 5 other people in class - two gals looked like super models and the other three were probably in their 50s or 60s.  The instructor was about 6 months pregnant.  It's always mortifying when a pregnant chick can work out harder than you.

I was by far the reddest, sweatiest person in the entire room.  I was wearing a coral top and my face pretty much matched. And my hair was so wet, it looked like I had just taken a shower.  Afterward, I saw one of the older ladies walking to her car.  Her complexion was glowing, her hair was completely dry. In comparison, I looked like a train wreck.  But the workout was fun and challenging  - I look forward to doing it again!

Now for the boring part.  I met with a nutritionist at the fitness center last week and I found that I make better choices when someone's going to be looking at my food diary.   I'm going to start listing what I eat each day.  Feel free to ignore this part - it's just helping me get healthier!

Breakfast

  • 20 ounce Slim & Trim Chocolate smoothie from the Smoothie King (fruit)
Lunch 
  • 1 sandwich thin 
  • 1 black bean veggie burger
  • 1 WW jalapeno pepper cheese wedge (dairy)
  • Green Giant Broccoli and Cheese for One (veggie and dairy)
  • 1 bag sunchips 
Snack 
Dinner

  • 1/2 c steamed rice
  • 1 C garlic chicken and vegetables (veggie)
  • 1 C hot and sour soup
  • 1 chicken egg roll
  • 1 fortune cookie

Verdict
Not a terrible day, but not spectacular.  I could have used another dairy and I should have found a way to incorporate more fruits and veggies.

Still, I stayed within my daily points with the addition of some daily activity points.

No comments: