Thursday, January 31, 2013

Bizarro Eljabo

Last night I had the strangest dream.  (And yes, I realize I'm happily married, but it's impossible to control what you dream.  If you could, I would be murdered far less frequently.)

Anyway, I dreamed I went out on a date with a guy and he didn't call me again afterward. I was so upset, I broke into his house and played his answering machine messages. (Not sure why he still had an answering machine.)  I heard a message from another girl who was inviting him to her place to "cuddle." And of course, he walked in on me playing his answering machine messages.  Embarrassing!

The weird part was that when I woke up, I recognized the name of the guy. It was a boy I went to elementary school with when I lived in Maine. Certainly not anyone I am still in contact with and not even one of the boys I had a crush on. (Jeremy DaRos, I'm looking at you!)

So then I got to thinking, what if that guy would have been my beau had I stayed in Maine?  Maybe instead of having a dream, I was actually getting a glimpse into an alternate reality.

Then again, another option is that I have watched way too many episodes of Fringe in my lifetime. It may have had an effect on my brain.




No comments: