Sunday, January 27, 2013

I think I'm in love

My parents got me a spiral vegetable slicer for Christmas.  It's the Paderno World Cuisine Tri-Blade Plastic Spiral Vegetable Slicer.  (It was on my list - it wasn't an unwanted slicer by any stretch of the imagination.)

I finally used it for the first time and absolutely loved it.  I used it on zucchini to make spaghetti-like noodles.  I sauteed the "noodles" in olive oil with salt, pepper and garlic powder.  Afterward, I topped it with spaghetti sauce, turkey meatballs and Parmesan cheese.

I'm dying to use it again. The zucchini would make a fantastic side dish.  I could make curly fries out of potatoes.  I know a pretty curly, carrot salad is somewhere in my future. The possibilities are endless!

Here's my creation -- fabulous, right?




No comments: