Friday, October 12, 2007

No More 4:30 a.m. Angst!

It's a wrap on my first-ever Columbus Adventure Boot Camp for Women! I'm a little bummed because it was so much fun -I had no idea my body could do some of the things it did.

If you had told 12-year-old me that one day I'd run on purpose, eat vegetables willingly, lift 10-pound weights or get up on a stage and bellydance, I would've laughed hysterically.

Here's how I improved over the 4 weeks:
  • 40 push-ups in a minute (on my knees), compared to 31 in my first week
  • One mile in 10:28 (all running) compared to 11:35 in my first week (run-walk).

My girth will be measured again next week. I feel a little better since most of the women said they didn't lose any weight either in their first camp, but they all lost inches. I think I'm most pleased about being able to run an entire mile. I seriously haven't run a mile since I was in the 7th grade.

What Happens at Night is a Mystery to Me

And in non-boot camp news, my apartment apparently turns into a big giant playground every night when I'm asleep - and I have no idea what goes on. Well, I guess I have some idea:

  • At 2 a.m., Daphne decided to plop her big old butt right next to my face and purr non-stop.
  • At 2:15 a.m., Zoe heard Daphne purring and decided it was lesbian sister cat nursing time.
  • At 3 a.m., I was used as a catapult, with kittens springing off my butt and my head. Very enjoyable.
  • At 4:30 a.m., I woke up with a yellow fuzzy cat toy in bed with me. (I guess there are worse things I could wake up with!)
  • At some point, a long pole with strands of fabric on it was moved from my living room to my bedroom.
  • Throughout the night, random pieces of paper were dragged out of various hiding places and flung around my bedroom floor.

And they say single women in their 30s who live with cats have no fun! Obviously, I'm a living example of fun!

No comments: