Monday, June 23, 2008

Bring on the Bones!

No, not the Olsen twins. I'm talking steak, salmon, hamburgers, hot dogs, lamb. Yep, I'm already giving up on being a vegetarian. (I realize that makes me the most weak-willed woman ever. So sue me.)

I dropped my friend Kelly off after yoga and her neighbor was grilling hamburgers. As soon as I smelled the sizzling beef, I wanted nothing more in this world than a big, fat, juicy hamburger. I couldn't think of anything else on my drive home and decided there's technically no reason for me to be vegetarian for 30 days. It's just an empty gimmick like the giving Americans a vacation from the gas tax thing. I'm not really accomplishing anything by being vegetarian. If I really wanted to challenge myself to eat healthier, I'd cut out ice cream or sweets. (That's crazy talk! Give up ice cream?)

It's summer time - I enjoy hamburgers, chicken and fish and want to eat them without stress. I want to go to barbecues and not eat soy patties. You only live once! I might as well rip as much flesh from the bones as possible.

With that said, there's something to be said about eating vegetarian. It helps me better appreciate the flavor of vegetables. Maybe I'll try to eat three vegetarian meals a week - that'll help me eat healthier, but not deprive myself.

P.S. The burger was GOOD!

No comments: