Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Eeek! They've Turned Strawberry Shortcake Into a Bratz Doll

When I was 5, I had a pimped-out Strawberry Shortcake room. Plus, I had all the dolls. (Although sadly, Lemon Meringue with her yellow boing-boing curls never smelled the same after I dropped her on the bus.) I even had one of those large soft Strawberry Shortcake dolls that blew strawberry kisses.

Of course, MY Strawberry Shortcake was wholesome and sweet - like the picture to the right! She was very Little House on the Prairie-esque - the perfect toy for a 5-year-old girl.

Meet the new Strawberry Shortcake. Like the Wakefield twins, she's gotten an unnecessary makeover to turn her into a strawberry-scented Bratz doll.

I actually think this makeover happened awhile ago and I'm just now finding out about it. In my day-to-day life, I have very little reason to even think about Strawberry Shortcake dolls. But now that I've seen it, I'm definitely thinking about it. I wish they would've left her alone.


They've turned Holly Hobbie into a hooch too. (Click here for a picture.) No more gingham for her! Say hello to tasseled bras. (Oh wait, that's me!)


Actually, it seems the sexed-up Holly is Hollie Hobbie's great granddaughter. (Click here to see.) What's weird is the original Holly Hobbie was a little girl when I was a little girl. I guess I could be a great grandmother if I had been knocked up at 10 and my daughter was knocked up at 10 and my daughter's daughter was knocked up at 10. Yep, pretty unlikely!

No comments: