Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I Don't Think My Eyeball is Supposed to Sweat

Tonight I took a Jazzercise class --it was my second workout for the week. I thought it would be miraculously easier, but it wasn't.

I've decided I don't like the instructor I had tonight. There are only so many things I can concentrate on when exercising. I can either lift my knees up or I can put all my weight on one foot or I can straighten my leg or I can suck in my gut. I can't do it all.

She kept saying "Don't do XYZ" and of course I always assumed she was talking to me. Here's the deal: if you look out and see a red-faced, huffing, puffing girl who can barely stand up straight, maybe you can look the other way if one of her legs is bent! She also had us working with resistance bands. I kept getting that thing twisted and tangled around my legs. Can we just work with weights? They're much easier.

Maybe it will be easier the next time I go. And maybe I'll be less sweaty. I swear that at one point my eyeball felt like it was sweating. (Or maybe my brow was sweating and droplets were running into my eyeball.) Either way...it was very hot!

No comments: