Friday, March 12, 2010

Waiting to Be Discovered

I have a deep, dark secret. I have a secret desire to have someone come up to me and say "you're the most fabulous person we've ever seen, you must be our leader" or something along those lines.

When I was a teen, I yearned to have someone approach me in the mall and beg me to be a teen model. After I realized I was neither tall enough nor skinny enough, I wanted someone to beg me to join their orchestra.

When I was a college intern, I wanted someone to be enamored with my PR skills enough to offer me a full-time job on my first day or beg me to be editor of the student paper.

When I was bellydancing, I hoped someone would invite me to be an instructor.

And now, when I jazzercise, I have a deep longing to have someone say "You're so good at this, you should teach the class."

And it's stupid...I was a terrible bellydancer and I'm a sweaty frazzled mess in Jazzercise.

I don't know why I have this problem...I guess I like validation or to know that I'm doing a good job. I guess I always want to do my best. It's a horrible, terrible trait and I often have conversations with myself about how it's OK to just have fun and to just be good enough in all aspects of my life.

I'm getting there, I guess. Today, I spent most of my Jazzercise class wondering if I am the sweatiest girl who has ever existed.

Inches Off - Woo Hoo!

I took my measurements two or three weeks ago and took them again today. Here's the score:

  • Hips: -- 1.5 inches
  • Thighs : -- .5 inches (each thigh)
  • Bust: -- 2 inches (figures! I think this might be an anomaly)
  • Waist: no change
  • Arms: no change

No comments: